RCU Forums - View Single Post - Westbury Hunter Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 10:37 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Westbury Hunter Build Thread

Next on the list was adding the Sabrinas and tidying up the intakes. The Sabrinas make a nice addition (I think additional lumps and bumps add a lot of character to a model) and as a side benefit allow the fuselage to sit perfectly level of the workbench without the need for a jig.

The intake ducting was pre-installed, but the intakes were only roughly cut out. Spent a couple of hours with a Dremel and Permagrit trying to blend everything in. Unfortunately, the joint between the forward fuselage and the duct ended up being cut through. This was fixed by lining the whole area inside the fuselage with fairly heavy glass cloth and then filling the outer surface with thickened epoxy and then cut back to a smooth finish. I’ll do some final profiling of the intakes later.

I then trimmed the canopy opening, and lined the lip with an 1/8” ply flange. This stiffens up the whole area and will give a good boundary for the cockpit tub and canopy to sit on. I think I’ll go for a partial cockpit rather than a full depth one.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72930.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	181824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14911.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	181825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64950.jpg
Views:	32