View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 07:52 PM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buying Kits

ORIGINAL: Scar

ORIGINAL: CafeenMan

Tower doesn't carry many kits any more. <<snip>>
You surely must be joking? How many kits should they carry? Just looking quickly through their " RC Airplane Kit" selection, I see 18 categories, from gliders to giants. Under just one of those categories ("Scale, .20 - .50" ) I see selections from manufacturers with names like GeeBee, Great Planes, House of Balsa, Lanier, Midwest, Sig, and Top Flite, for a total of 17 kits. Hey, they show a DC-3 kit! Hmmmmm..... 'scuse me while I decide whether to order this one...

Dave Olson
Dave -

No I'm not joking. I have a Tower cataloge from 1990 and the number of *kits* (not arf's) is magnitudes larger. How many kits should they carry? As many as they see fit. It's their business and they can run it any way they want to.

If they carry the kit you want by all means order it. But there are thousands of kits on the market. Tower carries only a small handful and the number (how many total kits did you count?) seems to be getting smaller with each new cataloge. I'm not going through and counting to prove my point though. I have planes to build.