RCU Forums - View Single Post - V7 - It Works (worked!)
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 11:36 AM
T.W.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V7 - It Works (worked!)

Thanks for this Alan. So we need to lube the clutch then! I never thought about doing this before. But I've now put some light oil in my LMH flight box and will make sure the clutch doesn't seize for lack of lube in future

You said: "if you don't mind it happening again fly and see what happens" . . . so I did (it was easier than removing the engine in order to take a look inside!)

The engine fired-up just fine and the heli lifted-off ok to (nice that it was trimmed-out and more predictable this time). I hovered for a couple of minutes, and then the engine stopped

I thought the engine seemed a little too warm for comfort, so I'm guessing that I ran it too lean. But at least the clutch is still free and no damage was done to the heli (I'm hovering low until this problem is solved)

Second flight with needle set a little richer: Not quite enough power. I don't need the heli to get real high at this time, but it really needs to have sufficient power to arrest its own descent, which it doesn't

Third flight, with needle halfway between the two previous settings: Heli lifts-off ok. Engine stops a couple of minutes into the flight. Heli and engine still seem ok on examination - but engine still feels a bit too warm

I've got four washers in there at the moment. What do you suggest? Remove one washer - or two? Try higher nitro fuel (I'm currently using 22% nitro) - I've got some 30% I could try tomorrow