RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/5 Pepsi Chipmunk - Build
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 05:15 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/5 Pepsi Chipmunk - Build

As of late, I have been slack posting on building progress.
I have now completed most of the tail and fuselage. The rudder and elevator servos are Hitec 645MG and other servos are standard HD servos. Still haven't decided on aileron or flaps servos.
The elevator is driven by a fork-type pushrod made out of a hardwood dowel (3/8"??) and 4-40 threaded rods.
Rudder is a pull-pull arrangement because I didn't like the setup in the Pennzoil which was a control arm on the tail wheel bracket grabbing a wire that joined into the rudder, tightened with a grub screw.

I still haven't completed the fairings. They are primed white but I need to get some matching missile red and insignia blue paint to extend the stripes all the way down.

The underside of the wing is covered except the blue front because I need to align that with the blue front of the fuselage. The underside white will be covered with the same type of checkerboard as the rudder.

That's actually quite easy with the Windex method.

I sent a template of the instrument panel and a few photos of the full sized one to Joe from Diamond Panels to make me a panel for the plane. I have bought panels from him before and the workmanship has been nothing short of excellent.

I will be fitting a 1/5 pilot figure as well. May go for a toy though as I often find the pilot figures unrealistic.

Ari
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45706.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	185477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24951.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	185478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30535.jpg
Views:	134