RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin head Autogyro help
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 08:30 PM
jmess73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin head Autogyro help

I recently acquired a twin head autogyro, I'll give some specs before I ask my question. It's a 5lb model with two rotor heads mounted on a "wing" there are no ailerons on this wing and it has a 5 in. cord, I don't think it would provide any lift. Each 30" rotor has 4-2 "wide blades, which are flat on both sides. They are set in a fixed head set with 10 deg. pitch(?) they are not adjustable or removable. They are set on the wing with an angle of attack into the wind but I'm not sure it looks like 10 deg. also. I have flown this Autogyro, and it does fly pretty well, to me anyway, its the only one I have ever seen, and nobody around here flys them. It flys allot like a plane, I can do loops and it lands pretty predictably. Now for the questions, I got it from a club member who wrecked it and lost interest. I'm not crazy about the rotor head because if I break a blade its a real chore to replace. Everything I've read on this site and others have allot of terms I'm not familiar with ex. flap, teeter, etc... and why are the blades hinged? Do I need this? I was pretty excited after flying today, I figured I would read up on some Autogyro info tonight, and now I'm more confused than ever :-( can anybody dumb this down for me, and maybe give me a diagram for a new rotor head, I could build easily?

Thanks,
Jeremy