RCU Forums - View Single Post - First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 11:34 AM
Darrinc
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!

Finally I got it finished and out for a few flights.

My set up:
Da100 on stock mufflers
(1) Hitec 5945 on each elevator
(1) Hitec 5945 per aileron
(1) Hitec 5735 on rudder
(1) Li-Ion 2200mAh for RX
(1) 2 Cell Li-Poly 700mAh for Ign
(0) regulators
Futaba Cap9 PCM
Total Weight=23.1lbs

Let just start by saying that it flies like it is full of helium, I love to fly slow and this planes rewards me with the ability to fly around the sky at idle. I flew three 15min flights on one 32oz tank of fuel since max speed turns out to be about 1/3 throttle! The combination of low weight and high drag leads to some interesting capabilities. The downlines are slower than typical slow cruise speed, with a little throttle managment you can definately fly in a constant speed crawl mode.
I am still a little nose heavy and the plane really grooves, I was instantly comfortable with it. Knife edge to left has some roll coupling, right had a small amount of pitch to the canopy, but this will change with CG adjustments. Rolls are perfectly axial. I need a little down thrust for my up lines.

I haven't tried to many 3D manuvers yet since it's new, but tumbles are outragous with that huge tail. The tail is extremely powerful and touchy on 3D rates when hovering. (thats with -100% expo) Flat spins are not very flat, but then I'm nose heavy. As far as harriers go, it does level harriers, no need to pitch up the nose, just pull the throttle back to a low idle and steer around with your rudder. (even down wind!)

This is the nices landing plane that I have ever had. Nice and slow with complete control authority, (not that you need to make inputs) just chop the throttle and wait to flair just as it touches.

Definately a keeper! I could not be more impressed!