RCU Forums - View Single Post - First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 02:01 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!

DarrinC

Don't want to burst your bubble.. but... I pretty much fly nothing but hitecs and would not put only one 5745 in a wing that size, especially if I was doing any 3D or high-rate flying. I have two 5735 servos (faster but less power than the 5745) in each wing on my CA 31%. Not because I am worried about failures... but because I beat the snot out of my airframes.

If you want to run only one servo per wing - the 8611 is just what the doctor ordered. If it was not such a hassle to convert my 2-servo wing into a 1-servo wing, I would put one 8611 in to save the weight. Unless you are flying pattern only and using low throws.. I would heed the warnings and put 8611s on the ailerons...

If you fly 3D at all... you are not just asking, but begging for problems with only one 5945. They are great servos, but they will get loaded up pretty good at high rates.. especially during high speed snaps and blenders.

I never fly one battery either... been there .. done that... BOOM.

On a 2.6 you are best off with (2) 2200's on RX and one 2200 on IGN. 700 Mah will leave you deadstick eventually unless you are charging between flights...

Also - I think this is an error.. but I assume you are using (2) 6V regulators and not (0). Pumping 7.4 (and often over 8) + volts into that receiver will cook it sooner, rather than later.. and you know its not going to happen on the ground...

Not trying to nitpick.. I just hate seeing someone lose a plane to weak setups.. we all learn once.. so hopefully those of us who have learned can save those who haven't yet...

Best of luck on the new YAK .. they are really nice aren't they!
DP