RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting shot down
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Semi Retired Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting shot down

FlyBoy Big K,

Did you have Fail/Safe programmed? Might be worth doing, and it may save another aircraft.

I`m no expert on RC equipment, but I think that inter channel interference is unlikely also. I have a background in electronics, 9 years as an Air Force technician, and it just doesn`t seem possible that if both Tx`s and Rx`s are on the nominated frequencies that there could possibly be interference. As suggested above, I`d be having the Tx`s checked for output frequency, and you could start with the crystals.

The article for which KiteThreat supplied the link mentions PPM vs PCM, and says that PPM is preferable........

"Unless you want an edge for close-in precision aerobatics or racing, avoid PCM. You will save money and your hair.
PCM may not be a good idea for thermal duration, where distance invites signal corruption (fail-safe may, however, be a help
for polyhedral ships).
Absolutely precise servo positioning is a debatable benefit for most gliders."[/b]

I run PCM, but after reading this think that PPM might be better for me. Oh well. Does that mean my wife will go along with a complete change of radio gear?