RCU Forums - View Single Post - First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 08:42 PM
JPrc
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!

I think most people are coming out at 26-28lbs using tuned cans. Mine came out at 24.5lbs with a 3W 106 and stock mufflers, 3 x 2200mah Li-ions, 8 x 5945's plus throttle servo, kavan wheels and cf spinner. I really didn't go out of my way to save weight, but I also didn't add many unneeded extras. It flies incredible light at this weight and with the cg pulled back it will get flat in a flat spin. I have 2oz in the tail and will probably add another oz next time I am at the field. I like a neutral flying airplane. Also, I would like to warn anyone out there, DO NOT USE THE NELSON SERVO WHEELS!!! You can not get them to tighten fully around the output gear on the hitec servos. The first couple of flights on my Yak I could not get it to stay trimmed in level flight. After some investigation I discovered that the elevators were slipping. The clamp screws on the nelson wheels was fully tightened and I could move my elevators up and down several degrees and actually feel the wheels slipping on both elevators. They have been replaced with the airwild aluminum servo wheels and I have not had any problems.