RCU Forums - View Single Post - First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Darrinc
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First flight Comp-Arf 2.6 Yak!

Wow spindoc, I could not even imagine my 106 in the Yak since the DA pull's it like crazy!

Second day of flying and all I can say is WOW. I am a far better designer than a pilot and I am doing beautiful slow rolls and some rollers too. Flat turns are simple and fun because of the lack of coupling. That tail is really powerful! The ailerons are too, even with only one servo!!! Once again, I must say that this is the nicest landing plane I have ever had!!!

I need to add about two washers of down thrust in it, then I will work on the CG. I have the ailerons matched now and I have a pelimenary amount of about 1 degree of down elevator mixed with rudder, but that will change with the Thrust and CG changes. Seems like it might need a little more right thrust too. I can't wait to get it all trimmed out!!! I have to thank the friends that I fly with for the help on the trimming, they are competion fliers and have a great intuative feel for how to make a plane fly true.

It's just a hunch, but I think a ZDZ80 would be the perfect engine for the combo that I have because it looks like I will have to take out the carbon stab tube and put the stock one back in and install a heavy Haig style tailwheel to get the CG back so that it flattens out in spins. I will problably have to move the battery pretty far back too. Hey, you can't get them all right!