RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 33% Edge 540
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 33% Edge 540

A close-up of my component layout reveals the FMA Power Force regulator, JR receiver, and, first JR Matchbox are mounted with Velcro straps. The Power Force regulator also has the heatsink fins wedged in place against the plywood opening and the 10-amp Dean's input connector is tywrapped to the fiberglass wing bar holder.

I fired up the Actro 40-4 on the 10s2p Lithium pack (33 cells NiCd) and it spins impressively without a prop at only 1/4 throttle! I didn't want to over-RPM the motor so I kept the throttle between 1/3 and off. The FMA PF regulator supplied 6v to the JR receiver, Matchbox, and Jeti 77-amp Opto ESC.

Note that the antenna wire was fed into a plastic tube that I taped to the bottom of the inside of the fuselage. The single Matchbox shown in the photo will control and balance all 4 aileron servos.

I will likely finish up my tail section next using a second Matchbox for the elevator halves and then make some current measurements using an APC 20x10 e-prop once I install the landing gear. One concern is what the actual cell voltage will be at full throttle. Will I be able to get 2000 watts from my 10s2p configuration? We'll see soon enough...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97779.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	187200