RCU Forums - View Single Post - District 3 help
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 11:10 AM
RC4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: District 3 help

Well since you decided to help, let me explain. I wrote this guy 4 times and got no response. I wrote to the AMA and asked if this was the correct contact for the club, and i had been trying to contact this guy and had received no response. They contacted him and he responded by telling me he was the point of contact. I then asked 4 simple questions. Where do you guys meet, When do you guys meet, how many members do you have and how much are the dues? The response i got was, we meet on Sundays at the field and the dues are $20. Ok so i emailed this guy again and asked where the field was and what time did they meet. I got this response, the field is off of ______ road and we meet at 2:00. Ok then i wrote again and asked, can you provide me directions to the field and when is the next meeting. I got this response, We meet infrequently during the winter. So after all this BS i decided that being i made every polite attempt for information I would ask the VP of District 3 for some help. I asked if he had information about the club and any other point of contact that might be co-operative and described what had been going on. He could of wrote this guy and asked for a list of officers and how to contact them as he has every right too. and then forwarded an alternate point of contact to me....simple. No he chose to escalate the problem. As a chartered AMA club in which i pay dues like everyone else, this information should be available to anyone who wants to know. I don't know what more i could have done as i exhausted all polite options. Just so you know why i persued this, I am disabled and suffer from a weak heart and diabetes so i was looking for a close place to home to fly. There field is approximately 4 miles from my house as this is an estimate as i still don't know where it is. The next closest place for me to fly is 30 miles away. I don't generally like to travel this far alone because my wife works in case i have a health problem and need some help. Oh and by the way I used to live in Fort Worth Tx and belonged to the Thunderbirds there......i guess i got spoiled as they were a very nice bunch of people, especially Chuck Cunningham and Woody Lake.

Thanks