RCU Forums - View Single Post - District 3 help
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 11:47 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: District 3 help

It’s hard for a lot of us to understand, but, not all clubs either want, or solicit, new members. Some go so far as to discourage contact. The AMA charters clubs. They do not tell the club how it must be run. There is no inherent right to fly at a club you do not belong to. There is on inherent right to join a club. Some clubs do not even want to be listed by the AMA. Until next year, there has been no requirement to supply the location of the club in terms that would allow anyone to find it. Next year GPS coordinates will be mandatory.

I am in D X, the most populace district in the AMA. I would not expect Rich Hansen to know every club in the district, where they are located, nor who to contact. That is beyond the scope of his duties. Having said that, the general opinion of those of us in the district is that he does a great job. Bob Brown, the D III VP, in my opinion, also does a great job. He spends an inordinate amount of his time working on committees trying to make things better for us. These volunteer leaders can only do so much. We expect them at our club meetings, at every event run in the district, and to attend to the business of setting and implementing AMA policy and to do it all without ever making a mistake.

Why not ask for a phone number from the contact? You might resolve any misunderstandings in a matter of minutes. Like you said, it’s easy to get spoiled when you are used to clubs that greet new folks with open arms.