RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dynaflite SE-5a servo question
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 08:35 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: Dynaflite SE-5a servo question

Prop Nut

Thanks for the feed back. This is what I was looking for. I am going to be using JR 4030 servo's in the lower wing and attach the ailerons to gather with a rod between the lower and upper wing. I have a Magnum 75XL that I have converted to diesel. I just got the diesel head in the other day. I had it made by a gentleman up in Canada that I meet on RC Universe. I have a friend in my club that has a Tower 75 that he has dieselized and it swings a 15x4 prop at 10,000RPM.

My building is coming along pretty good. I have both wings built along with the stabilizer, Rudder and elevator. I have ordered 5" wire wheels from Hobby People and they should be here this week. I plan on covering the SE-5a with koverall and nitrate dope. I will paint the plane with water based latex paint and then seal the paint with a spray polyurethane. I will post some pictures of the SE5a when I have all of the framing done.

Looking forward the talking to you about our SE5a's. Did you leave the top wing in th e location where the kit calls for or did you lower it 1" to get it more scale like? I know the top wing is a little to high to be true scale. I do not think I will move it done unless it makes a better looking model.

Thanks