RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pictures to DesignCAD
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 05:53 PM
The PIPE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pictures to DesignCAD

Dear Fledermaus:

The PIPE here AGAIN...and don't forget the UNITS command in DesignCAD...IF one is using a scale drawing with the MEASUREMENT units (defined with a measured scale) already on the drawing!

I used JUST this idea on the structural drawing from Windsock Datafile No.44, for my upcoming Bristol Scout C project...the units ARE right ON that drawing, and I simply drew a line that was the EXACT length of the entire scale...which in this case (it IS a British "feet-and-inches" WW I aircraft from 1915) is five feet, or 60 inches long...and I made that line 60 units long (1 unit per inch) in the DesignCAD 3000 drawing environment, so my CAD drawing ends up being the exact size of the ORIGINAL plane...I just have to remember to PLOT it at 0.250 of its original size, to get it to 1/4th Giant Scale size-to make RC MODEL construction drawings from!!!

I just don't know WHAT we'd be doing without the niceties of CAD software...the Bristol Scout C, Fokker M.5K/MG Eindecker, Sopwith Dolphin, Ansaldo SVA 5, RAF S.E.5a, and the JUNKERS D I (my FAVORITE WW I plane!!) are ALL on DesignCAD on my home PC in various stages of drawing completion (the Junkers IS the closest one to completion...VERY close!!!)...and with Windsock Datafiles on the Avro 504 (see at http://www.biplanes.de/show_old_rhinebeck_02.shtml for MY subject aircraft for that one...they ARE my photos to begin with), Pfalz D XII, Phönix D I, Junkers J I, Hannover CL III, Halberstadt D II, and Siemens-Schuckert D III/D IV already IN my library...with the RAF F.E.8, AND Bréguet-Quatorze to be purchased for THIS Christmas...and I'll very likely end up having a miniature OLD RHINEBECK of my very own as the years roll on......!

But the Bristol Scout C STARTS the whole collection...GOT to get back to that drawing again...

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!