RCU Forums - View Single Post - international flyers
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 09:40 AM
J3FAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: international flyers

Here is an introduction to some more :

I have shared SLOPING in GENOVA, Italy. An incredible place, facing the Mediterranean. The big gliders fly out directly over the eastern suburbs of the city itself. The club is ALBATROS - the lifetime president is 84 year old Signor Mario Ferrari. From my parent's house the site is almost directly overhead and a 15 minute drive, almost vertically UP. At the peak there is an observatory, the wind from the ocean supplies non-stop lift. I witnessed a flyer ( a Carabinieri) doing touch and goes with a 4 meter Glider on the surface of the cliff at a 45degree inclination.

I have THERMALLED and demo'd PATTERN in Club de Aeromodelismo CIUDADELA, suburb of Buenos Aires, Argentina... the demo flight ( in 1975 ) was interrupted by undercover police who were investigating terrorist activities. They actually shoved a machine gun into my gut and forced the landing... It was" the bad times" then.My friends explained later that it was my USA Passport that actually stopped the police inquiry. The chief of police had just been blown up in his boat with a Radio Controlled device...!!! The timing was double bad....I was there again as recently as October 2003 under more peaceful conditions but didn't fly for lack of a suitable plane.

ITALY 1 ARGENTINA 1

Thanks for posting the POEM ... I am keeping it and sharing it with others.

OJALA QUE RECONOZCAN LOS COLORES DE ARGENTINA EN EL MODELO " El Pampero" En el estabilizador vertical, los colores azul-celeste y blanco, con el Sol en el centro, son el pabellon de Argentina, "PAMPERO" esta escrito en el fuselaje, atras, cerca del estabilizador horizontal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85863.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	192616