RCU Forums - View Single Post - international flyers
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:25 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: international flyers

ORIGINAL: Gringo Volador

The list stands at Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, United States, Hungary, Germany, France, Italy, UK.

A total country count at 22 countries. I think the only continent we lack is Africa.

Paul BTW, first of all they are called the Malvinas Islands... Second of all if you flew RC there tecnically you have flown in Argentina.

I am an American living in Argentina and wow is that a sensitive subject here. In every major city here there are monuments dedicated to taking the islands back and as you travel from one province of Argentina to another the first sign inside of every province says ¨The Malvinas belong to Argentina¨ You must like desolate, cold, and windy places, first the Malvinas and now you are in Idaho.
FYI. argentina call the islands the malvinas. the falkland islands are ruled and governed by britain. argentina invaded the islands in 1982 sending i think it was about 20,000 troops to capture the islands. britain had about 200 royal marines on the islands that were taken prisoner and paraded on tv, this infuryated margret thatcher (prime minister of britain at the time) britain set up a task force to retake the islands (by the way british troops were out numbered by 3-1) the argentinians had a few hundred aircraft sent to the area and all britain could muster was 24 harriers in a few weeks the royal navy harriers had complete control of the air. the war lasted only a few months and general galteairy (spelling?) was imprisoned as it was an unpopular war with the argentinian people it also had massive financial effects on the argentine economy. so before someone tells me these islands belong to argentinas look up the falklands war in 1982 then try to give me facts. i was not in the falklands for a vacation BTW argentina never won a single battle in this war
some info here

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark...504/falkl.html
you are correct in what you say these islands will be fought over for a long time to come