RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seaplane pictures
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:52 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Seaplane pictures

Thanks Ivalej, Yes I have on occassion been called crazy before [8D]. Those three photos were made on Friday and I am dependant on folks to send me photos as I never can seem to get them. The airplane as of yesterday now has 69 day flights and two night flights. This was its first outing on floats and I was delighted with the result. The floats are whacked out of dumpster foam and flat bottomed. On Friday there was a good turnout but the water was choppy with some whitecaping further out and as a result only maybe 10 or twelve were flying. This worked in my favor because of the need to hog the flight station longer than normal. Anyway the floats handled the chop beautifully and were very smooth in the waves. Got in two flights Friday but Sunday it was so busy only got one flight. Had hoped to get in a Saturday evening night flight as had been the tradition at this event but getting the recovery boat was in doubt so called it a day. I depend on a wheelchair and was so exhausted by the two days that its just as well. Didn't even drive back down for the last day today, totally beat but happy.

John