RCU Forums - View Single Post - What can beat a Savage SS
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Mr. Furious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What can beat a Savage SS

The Savage is hands down the toughest truck out there. You can do things to the Savage that will cripple almost any truck on the market. If you want a tough truck that's hard to break, go with the Savage. If you want a fast truck that will win a drag race, the Mammoth is a good choice but it needs a lot of upgrades to get it even close to the durability of the Savage. If you truly want to have something to brag about, buy the same truck as your bud, set up the same way as your bud and then proceed to whip the pants off your bud to show him who the man is. I think if you go with another truck you may find that it's faster or climbs better or handles the track better but you may also find that you spend a lot of time wrenching on yours while he drives his Savage. I speak from experience. My first Monster was a Savage 21. I drove that thing like I stole it and never broke a part. I did some shameful things to that truck.....I got bored and tried some others and found that nothing is as tough as a Savage. Other trucks can be but they usually wind up with about $400 to $500 in aftermarket parts to make them that tough. The REVO may be the exception to that though. I've heard lots of good things about that truck as far as durability goes. But remember that the REVO is a lighter and smaller truck with a much smaller engine. The 2.5r is a fantastic mill but there is no replacement for displacement. The grunt of a big block equals big grin from ear to ear. The LST is a very nice truck but there have been so many problems with the early runs that I would be hesitant to buy one. Check out some of the LST posts....lots of $600 shelf queens due to poor quality drive line parts and no spares available. Give Losi some time to reengineer the weak parts and put them on the production trucks before you go LST. To sum it all up....I had a Savage that I couldn't break and sold it to try some other trucks....Now the other trucks are gone and I have a Savage SS again.......