RCU Forums - View Single Post - not fair
Thread: not fair
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 06:55 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: not fair

Well, this same topic has come up at our local race track. Before i answer the question, i'll describe the advantages of a buggy/truggy. These you really need to understand before you tackle the truggy vs MT issue.

1. 3 Differentials. Understand that the front and rear diff on all vehicles control the power bias between the left and right tire at each end. So the center differential controls the power bias from FRONT, to REAR. That right there is a HUGE advantage. To take that away from them, you'd have to put a locker in the center diff.

2. Brake bias. The brakes on your common MT work off one disc, slowing the entire main shaft in the tranny. Equal stopping power to front, and rear. Causing a nose dive. A buggy/truggy has the ability to FADE out the front brake, to keep full steering while under heavy braking. This gives you the ability to shoot deeper into a turn, and faster, and braking later, while maintaining a clean line. No steering loss observed.

3. Center of gravity. On the buggy/truggy all components are ABOVE the chassis. On an MT, all components are split up between the upper, and lower half. Usually the steering linkage is on the lower half, beneath the main chassis.

So, now ask yourself your same question. I've driven a couple truggies, plenty of buggies, and a whole bunch of MT's. The truggy will do everything faster. I still race against them, but i wonder how many MT owners will complain when im running a truggy.