RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flying over neighborhoods?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 10:15 AM
plasticjoe
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flying over neighborhoods?

Patrick,

Many people do underestimate the slow stick. I just purchased a Virus ASP so I can use the wing on it in a higher wind environment. I have yet to test them together, have the day off today and it's raining here in Ohio, go figure that one. I hand launch my SS and am above treetop level in less than 100 ft. The brushless motor is what gives you the commandoness of the slow stick for an A/P plane. To make it even better for winds, just beef up the wing with carbon fiber rods at the LE TE and the area where a spar should be. If you also see I added a reinforcing tube on the top as well. I can hold that plane at the end of the carbon fiber rods, it all loaded with a/p stuff, battery, camera and all and the wing does not flex one bit ! My first and foremost reccomendation to any SS owner is to beef up that wing. I never realized how much air that wing lets out as it flexes until I beefed up that wing. I can land it as less than a walking pace in higher grass and not even have a nose over. And that's using stock landing gear. It is a great little plane and believe me I have flown it more than any of my panes this year just for that reason.