RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you retired/unemployed/kids?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 10:30 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Are you retired/unemployed/kids?

I just tied the door shut and told him not to open it.[sm=idea.gif] Like I said he is allowed to do alot of things in the shop his mom would never think about letting him try. Saws, knives, and drills are tools we all need to learn how to use. He knows he can do what he wants when I am there to work with him.

My take on it is the ability to learn is so easy at that age he should be able to take in all he can while he can. I would rather he try these things in my presence while I can have a degree of control over them than go about it later without me and possibly get hurt. This applies to all kind of activities like hunting and gun safety, riding motorcycles, camping, etc. If they learn the correct way to use things they have more respect for them.

Unfortunately my Dad did not spend this kind of time with me. I had a grandfather I would visit 2 or 3 times a year who had a fantastic shop where the same rules and tools were available to explore and learn with. His shop is a favorite memory for both me and my cousin.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62311.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	194400