RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you retired/unemployed/kids?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 10:14 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Are you retired/unemployed/kids?

ORIGINAL: GrnBrt

If I turned off the TV I wouldn't be able to see Dr Phil!!!!!![X(][X(] retired here also and loving it and now back to the shop!
Personally , I prefer to watch and old movie every now and then, but am still amazed at these guys who seem to be at all the giant scale fly-ins and seem to have trailer loads of these mega-dollar planes that it would take me a year to detail at the level that they have done it, if I had nothing else to do. I've set a goal of a plane a year, but with flying time, family time, taking care of the farm time (a SMALL one, thankfully), and remodeling the house next door that we bought in order to increase our land, I'm learning to sleep less, in order to have more time for planes. So far that plan isn't working all that well; as I get older, seems that sleep is what I need (or want) more of. Really looking forward to joining the ranks of Grn Brt and Ballgunner. BTW Ballgunner, how tall are you, and how long after you climbed out of that turret did it take you to walk completely erect again?. Watched a thing on History Chan. once about you guys, and had the opportunity once to get in the ball turret on a -17G. I'm 5' 11" and I didn't think I was going to get out, once I was in; DANG, that's a tight fit. Whatever it was, you didn't get paid enough, although I bet the view at altitude was great, when you weren't being shot at.