RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 06:55 PM
cruzmissile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon

well, well. I've come to that point where I have built all I could build without the other hardware and wood needed to complete this kit with the revised wing installation. I'm having to wait till I get paid again before I can purchase the parts needed to go futher. I've been working a little on sanding the elevator and rudder edges. I've also done some work on installing the door hinges. I'm just using regular Dubro hinges and imbedding them into the fuse and door. I had to use my drill press to carve out a 1/16 tick piece out of the fuse and door so that the hinge lays level with the surface. I'm going to go back and cover it with filler and sand it smooth level with the surface. I'm going to do some work on the interior to get it looking presentable. Lot's of wood filler and sanding headed my way with that one. I'm also not too impressed with the "Interior Kit" that the plane recommends.

So far, I only had a couple of problems with this kit as far as insructions not being as clearly readible and die-cut parts not being fully labeled. I did more searching and flipping back and forth between book, plans, book, plans... than building.

Another thing is the placement of the fuel tank and if you do install the tank you had better make sure it will never ever leak because it's pisotioned in the forward part of the fuselage and completely built around, it would be hard to replace or service the tank.