RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dave Brown wins re-election
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 10:59 AM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dave Brown wins re-election

Sorry to hear that you lost a friend in that accident. The comment about dogs and bears was not from my post, but I agree with CBP's point. Safety is all about the actions and practices we follow to protect ourselves from both past and perceived dangers before they injure or kill us. I am not comfortable being to close to vertical planes or helis, I believe DB is partly disliked because he supported "rules" that suggest he to perceives some of the same "dangers" I do. Unlike animals, humans have the capacity to use logic or think, which enables us to perceive, and act to prevent, some dangers before they harm us. Thinking however requires effort and honesty, which is difficult for most of us. Bertrand Russell the British philosopher said it best, "Most men would rather die than think. Many do". If you don't perceive the same dangers as me or DB so be it, we all have a right to do or not to do what we believe is best for us, as long as we don't endanger or harm others. Be careful and have fun, life is short.