RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alfa Model Mig 15
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 11:31 AM
blue action

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alfa Model Mig 15

Found a solution to the vibrations induced by the spinner: put it flat on the table and noticed it tilted quite a bit to one side. Put a couple of medium sized drops epoxy inside the spinner to the lighter side and let it dry. Repeated process until it was balanced and stood upright on the table (on its tip). NOW we're talking! Runs very smooth now, and I have not found any 'critical RPM range' so far. Could not resist to use the fan to fire up my bbq last night- those pork chops were done in no-time . (After all these EDF tests my 1-year old son starts imitating that noise all the time- mmmmmmmmhh)

Also removed the paint from the fuse where the wings attach with a sharp knife. Have blank styro now where the glue will go (punctured too). Unfortunately I cut into the surface a little to deep at one point so there's only ~2mm material left in an ~.5 inch long area somewhere in the forward third of the wing attach area [&o]. But I am planning to put some epoxy soaked glass cloth inside the fuse in that area, so it should not matter. I hope.

Need to find a quiet hour one of these nights to glue the wings on. Will keep you posted.