RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need your input.
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 06:07 PM
SkyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need your input.

Sounds like a snap to me. Too much elevator will cause a wing to drop when combinded with too much or too little speed.

You got to keep flying, but I would suggest flying your plane in an area where you don't even have a chance to hit a vehicle/person. Your description sounds like you were flying over, or at least close to over parked cars. Parking lots have people and you could've just as easily hit someone instead of something.

I'm not saying don't fly at the field you were flying at, just pick an area of the sky that is further out from people and property. That way, if you get into trouble, most likely the only damage will be to your plane (and ego!)

Official flying sites have a "Red Zone" where no planes are supposed to fly. Usually this area starts between the pilot stations and the runway, and covers the pilots, pits, and parking lot. If you stay out of the Red Zone, then you have a good chance of avoiding problems.

Now a total loss of radio control is another story. If your planes stops responding to your inputs, but keeps flying, it's a roll of the dice where it ends up. That's what AMA insurance is for.

Get back on that horse! There are only two types of RC pilots - those who have crashed already, and those who will crash eventually.