RCU Forums - View Single Post - Metal-Morphing a Yellow P-38
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Metalmorphous
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am not worthy!

MT- On a more serious note, we are not going to be placing a pilot in the seat of the 38. My father and 4 of his brothers were in WWII and I have GREAT respect for them and ALL that protect our country. Not only have I been working on replicating a WWII plane but I'm getting a list together of every pilot that had stick time in the P-38 and I'm going to dedicate this plane to them. The names will be displayed with the plane, even at the Iron works and plating shows we attend. I have had my pilots licenses since 1976 and had the opportunity to fly in both a B-24 and B-17 and let me tell you, it was not picnic for those men. It was loud, cold you choked on the exhaust that blew in the gunners doors then add the fact that someone was trying there best to SHOOT YOU DOWN. I have had some very sweaty palms on some landings I have made and on numerous occasions I have had shaky legs but I still cant imagine what it must of been like for them, so on Veterans day I spend alot of time making calls to the Vets I know and thanking them personally, its the least I can do just like this plane. I have had a slue of young people admire the plane and I hope that just a few of them will do some reading on it and learn what I have learned about the plane and the people behind it.

Ron