RCU Forums - View Single Post - an 45cc Gasoline Engines producted by ourself
Old 12-05-2004, 09:30 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: an 45cc Gasoline Engines producted by ourself

I fully expect to see more of these - and many more changes.
I am not a user of crystal balls ( I prefer steel ones ) but if one takes into account our dollar change with EURO ( $133-100) and the track record of Chinese production of electric hobby motors and ARFS n accessories ---It is a slam dunk that this approach of the Zenoah 45 will be soon followed up with a purpose built design .
The green ignition module is unfamiliar to me - but I will bet it is in principle, similar to European designs.
As a bit of history - when I was in Korea /Japan on business years back -- it was obvious that European countries were waaaay ahead of us in developing technical /business liasons with the Eastern rim and China. So there is a solid flow of up to date technology
My nephew showed me a Chinese 250cc motorcycle -street/sport four stroker-which is being inported (landed) for $240.00.
the tyres were not DOT and there was no flame arrester in the exhaust -so I will bet it did not get DOT or forest service certification.
But looking at that machine - which sold for $1200 -- and looking at the pieces of shat that are being produced in millions and hawked as mini bikes of all permutations - it is a very short stretch to see that they can adapt those 30-50cc engines for model aircraft .
As soon as a few more kids are killed/ maimed on those things -that market here will also change .