RCU Forums - View Single Post - Breaking in settings
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Pinolelst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Breaking in settings

ORIGINAL: co3bra

Newbe here. After reading all the manuals and about five hours today (at work) on this forum, I'm a little confused about the settings. Dynomite states 3.5 turns on the high speed and the LST operators manual states 2.5. Also, this washer thing has me about nuts. I just got this thing about a week ago and I'm too paranoid to start it. I'm starting to second guess my new hobby.
3.5 turns is the correct setting.About the washer...Some say leave it and if it fails (many have) send it in and Horizon will replace it.Which they will but you'll be engineless for some time I expect depending on if you're in afghanistan ot Pennsylvania at the time .

My LHS (A losi repair station) took what was left of the washer out of my first engine when it seized up on the very first start up and when I bought my second LST I took it out first thing myself.3 gallons through my original so far..running washerless and things look good,motor runs strong and I'm not worried that the washer will ruin my fun at the least opportune moment

hope this helps