RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 12-09-2004, 10:09 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Drew, I run and fly the DA50/KS1060 setup, as a fact I ran it all day today in a plane know as a comp-arf 2.3 extra, nice weather too!~). You need no tape on the coupler or anything. It does not leak oil, gasoline or mythical yak crap juice. Not sure what your friends setup looked like but I have not had any of these problems with the DA50/KS1060 system. DA sells you exactly what you need and it performs very very nicely for me. The power and sound is absoultly wonderful. It is sort of the cadillac of 50 setups!

What type of tape are you guys using for the plastic coupler between the header and pipe? I understand they leak oil and 'crap' until they seat - after a couple flights. This happend to a friend w/ a DA100 and cans on his CA Yak 2.6. He had a hell of a time cleaning the inside of the engine compartment.

Thx
quote:

ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Drew,
My buddy in crime, Joe Kelly knows quite a bit about running the DA 50 on a pipe. If you have any specific questions about it he's a good one to ask.
N45328, you could not have flattered BasinBumâ„¢ or made him happier with your post![sm=lol.gif]

BasinBum, I dont want to sound like an old man that throws a fit hearing anything louder than a mousefart, but to be honest with you, your posts on this thread have offended me. You are making it where I cannot enjoy RCU without getting offended. As the RCU warning states, can you please take your degrading and insulting comments some where else, becuase some people are offended by them. Thanks for your understanding.
Keep the yak build pictures coming!

Joe [8D]