RCU Forums - View Single Post - bought a firebird scout, good looking plane
Old 12-11-2004, 06:04 PM
bobo212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bought a firebird scout, good looking plane

Here is the flight report for the firebird scout:
The plane flies extemly well. after some minor adjustments (following instructions in manual) the plane climbs great under full power. I did disable the smart trak system though, the plane didn't seem very resomsive in this mode, so i went right to expert mode. Th winds were 10-15 mph which is NOT reccomended by the manufactuer. I did have some trouble keeping it on path when i get a gust of wind, but i had many successful landings with this plane because it glides great, and with a just a blip of power before you land, you can land it right on target. the plane is very durable and the only damage that i inflicted on it was a small indent in the main wing when a gust of wind blew me into a tree branch. other than that, it is a great plane to fly, the battery pack is small, looks like they used 2/3rds AAA cells, 300miah but i want to see if i can find some cells that will increase to 600miah for longer filght time. I can get 8 minutes on the 300 6V cell, but i would like to increase flight time. thats all i have to report for know, i will keep you posted once i get a calm day and fly at our 5 acre park (flew it on a small field today because i was anxious to fly).