RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Cottage Industry" Jets
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 01:38 PM
SigKavalier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Cottage Industry" Jets

The waiver is no big deal. You can't exactly take a .40 size plane and show up at a field and expect them to just let you start up aand fly. Somebody will be standing there watching. As far as my own places to fly I don't need anything. I'd get a waiver still as your supposed to have it, and I'd like to have somebody there to help me out for the start. All in all safety is common sense. Yet with my schedule there will be no events or fly-in's I'd be going to. It would involve me and the airport 2 minutes away, and the only other jets around would be DavidR's if he came out on the same day. He's offered to help me out too. Got to watch his Bobcat fly with his new turbine. Man that thing romped! He rolled like 50 feet, and went vertical for at least 200 feet probably more. I love that turbine sound!
Maybe I'm nuts and just that many people aren't interested in jets. I realise after some research that turbines, and cost has gotten better. It's just a matter of time untill I get one lol. Untill then I'm going to make jet noises while my F-18 screams around on batteries lol. Maybe rub some jet-A on it to get the smell right lol.
I still think price scares of more people than anything though but I don't think it can really be helped. Like when DavidR told me about crashing his $10,000 F-4. Had it been me I would have had a heart attack right there. I'm thinking a Wren 54, and a Super Reaper to start with. After watching his Bobcat fly I could feel pretty safe with an expensive sport jet. I think the scale one's are awesome but have quirky flight characteristics which make it more challenging and costly.
i'm off topic now so I'll stop. lol