RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Cottage Industry" Jets
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 02:08 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Cottage Industry" Jets

Add ME to the RPM jets list. I would have appreciated at least a response from him. Funny, he called me up when he first talked about kitting it, and he was very nervous about taking orders for a kit that was still an unflown prototype. I told him that I, at least, knew what I was getting into, but that he was very right to be nervous about taking orders from anybody who was not fully cognizant of what they were getting into. Seemed to be a straight shooting guy. If he had at least responded to an email, I would feel better about it.
I ran into another guy on ebay a few weeks ago, a former manufacturer who went under, who had beat me for a kit. He sent some unuseable parts that were supposed to be a "kit", and had the longest string of excuses, from lead poisoning to divorce to blowing himself up while lighting the boiler in the basement. When I bumped into him on ebay, he pretended to not remember a thing. Funny, I have a pretty good memory whenever I owe somebody money, myself. This guy was and still is a charachter...the reason I bumped into him is because I bid on some saddle tanks Tony F was selling, and this yinyang emails me offering to sell me a set for less. While the auction was running. Anyway...
Yes, I think the market has matured. I think people can, do, and should expect to get their entire money's worth nowadays from cottage industry types. There is way too much money at stake to tolerate anything less...