RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Ram750 Plus Air Start with 18 volt blower?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:45 AM
unknown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Ram750 Plus Air Start with 18 volt blower?

Why don't you show us what you '"knows" by 'splaning us to the difference? The ECU has NO IDEA how the turbine is being spun, only what RPM it is turning and what the EGT is. If both are within limits - which can be easily done with a proper blower - the engine will start fine.

If i'm correct Steve is using the C/P pressure controlled ECU. I ("knows") this because I was once a proud owner of a AIR START RAM 1000 and 750 engine. This does not happen all the time but every so often during a fail start, the fuel pump will still continue to pump fuel into the hot engine before timing out. Unplug the ecu battery pack and you will be OK. I used everything possible to start my engine (keyboard duster, shop vacuum, home vacuum cleaner, "been there, done that" before getting the airtank. The problem with using low air pressure to start a engine is after ignition the engine RPM sometimes slows because of high temperature (NOT ENOUGH RPM TO COOL ENGINE DURING STARTUP). This causes the engine's RPM to slow down because of excessive heat on the BEARING causing the engine to stop turning.

Before the fuel pump time out, your jet is on fire.