RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF's versus KIT's the saga continues
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 11:59 AM
lnorris
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARF's versus KIT's the saga continues

I'm glad this isn't an option anymore. We already have so many complaints about radio interfence when the equipment is built to very tight standards.

It makes me shiver to think that people want to build their own transmitters.
Just think, in 10 years or so, you may be saying this about planes. Just substitute "structural integrity" for radio interference and "plane" for "transmitter".. You know the radio's we use, even today, are not exactly the "cutting edge" of technology. They are the result of low cost, limited distribution, and 10-15 year old tech. Oh, and built in mind for the average joe who can't figure out his VCR.

And that is all fine and good. I'm not saying that they should not build them this way. But it impacts those of us who would like a little customization.

I think it would be great if transmitters would come in "kits" with the electronics allowing you to customize and program it how YOU like it. I never built a heathkit transmitter but I wish I had.

After all, it is a hobby, you'll only get out of it what you put into it (and I DON'T mean money).