RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF's versus KIT's the saga continues
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Crashem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARF's versus KIT's the saga continues

gpmikemorse, It just occured to me that maybe a reason why when an ARF implodes in mid air for no apparant reason we may look to the manufacturer as the cause is because they built it not us. And it does seem to be human nature to need to find someone to blame. Know I don't say this to cause trouble. It just Occurred to me that with a kit since you assemble 80% 90% your self there isn't really any way to go back to the manufacturer and say hey this was a poorly designed model and I want my Money back. After they get done laughing they will blame you for the defect after all you built not them.

The reason I say this is because I just bought a GWS Slowflyer for the backyard (Great Little plane) however this kit and use the term loosely will fold its wings in a steep dive or loop. Now thanks to the people here and on ezone I knew about this little defect in advance and corrected it. To date GWS has not rectified the situation modelers have. (Isn't this always the way) GWS also incorrectly labeled the CG on their Zero I know of several modelers who called and got replacement kits free. Maybe you might know of a kit maker that will replace a "flawed" kit on the say so of a disatisified customer I don't. I'm not bashing kits I am pointing out that sometimes buying a prebuilt can work in your favor. BTW wasn't it the Tower trainer that had the if you crash it with an instructor we'll replace it gaurantee. Sounds like your friend would qualify.