RCU Forums - View Single Post - Politically Correct Scale Documenttion
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Katchmarek
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Politically Correct Scale Documenttion

Hmmm...someone please enlighten me here. I always thought that the term "buffalo soldier" came about more or less after the civil war, during the great migrations westward and the Indian wars? I have never heard the black soldiers in the civil war referred to in this way...but then the civil war has never been my period of interest.

I do remember that a small number of blacks fought for the south...however, I don't know if they were free blacks, or freed blacks...the difference being the plantation owners offered them their freedom if they fought, and it was usually when the plantation was close to being over run by the north. There were if I recall, over 250,000 free blacks who fought for the north during the war. They weren't treated much better then slaves from what I remember...poor equipment, often not paid and when they were it was much less than a white soldier of the same rank...and to top it off, all of their officers were white...kinda put's the kicker in right there I reckon. Slavery was without a doubt the 2nd most vile crime against humanity comitted by this country. Ya know, this whole thead is really startingto get me riled up...nothing anyone has written, just makes me think of how great this country is despite all of it's flaws...then I think of how truly great it could be if we didn't have morons running it and countless more morons following them like calves to the slaughter. Most people can't handle the truth...why...because they've never heard it before. Truth is the most dangerous weapon on earth, that is why our politicians do everything in their power to keep it from us. Racism, anti-semitism, and hatred of all kinds is what really fuels out political system. When was the lastt time you can remember a political campaign wihtout mudslinging? Heck, even atthe local level that's about all it is anymore. It's not about who is going to do the most for the people they are elected to represent, it's about who is the better liar or who has the most money...or both! What happened to honesty, decency and hard work? How about loyalty? Man...I'm steaming from the ears right now...How stupid do our politicians really think we are? Well as stupid as we let them! We put on this great humanitariam act, the USA saving the world yet again from another bad guy. What does it get us, more countries that hate us, less money in our pockets...sure we can rebuild foreign countries, feed their hungry, give aid to their sick...but we can't do those things right here in our own country for our own people...WHY NOT??? I cols go on and on and on here...but I won't. I don't think I'm going to post any more to this thread...I'm just getting too .... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Wake up America!
Happy Holidays,
Rob

hmmm...does anyone find this smiley offensive? It looks an awful lot to me like a characature of a Japanese soldier during WWII?