RCU Forums - View Single Post - .40 Patriot with INTERNAL Tuned Pipe
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 04:35 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: .40 Patriot with INTERNAL Tuned Pipe

I built one a few years back...I used an MVVS .49 that I rotated the cyl. on to a rear exhaust. I used a modified YS .45 (Macs ) fuse. top header and pipe, and only had to mod. the top of the fuse. a little bit to give the pipe a nice channel to sit in.
A good buddy of mine helped me make a mold to make a 'glass fuse. top that encompassed the entire pipe with a simulated canopy/turtledeck, and I routed the exhaust out to either side of the fin with a bifurcated exh. outlet(s)
The rest was pretty straight foreward, but if I did it again, I'd use either a pump or a YS set-up so I could use a bigger tank and put it over the wing.
No pics, 'cuz I sold it not too long after I finished it (only had maybe 30 flights on 'er ) but that's another story...

Brief story: Guy we've never seen before comes out to the field, sees it fly, and asks me how much I want for it...I say "it's not for sale" and he says "everything's for sale, for the right price"...
Anyway, he kept at me and I half jokingly said "oh, about 1200 bucks" and he goes "SOLD" so I looked at him, and he takes this huge roll of bills out of his pocket and peels off 12 hundred dollar bills and hands 'em to me [X(] just like that! Didn't even make a dent in that roll he had there...I shoulda said "a couple grand!?" Never saw the guy again?!