RCU Forums - View Single Post - Truckzilla Advice Wanted
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 12:54 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truckzilla Advice Wanted

colindecon........congraulations on your gift!! And don't worry you can get it to run if you have patence. First off i would dissasemble the motor to check it for metal shavings, clean it out real good, lube the bearing and connecting rod. Next dissasemble the carb and check the high & low speed needlevalve o-rings make sure they are not dry rotted, if they are you need to replace them. Seal the backplate and carb with sensor safe silicone sealer when you put them back on the block, this will protect the motor from air leaks and make tuning the motor easier. Let the silcone dry for 24 hours before firing up the engine. I use the heat cycle method for breaking in my motors. Check-out http://www.affordablenitrotech.com for a detailed explanation of the heat cycle technique you can find it under Tech Support the thread is called - A Good Breakin Procedure For ABC motors. If you live someplace where it gets really cold during the winter then you need to wrap the heatsink head alumnium so your motor gets up to operating temps. You also need a temp gun so you can monitor the engine temp, you need to be in the 180-200 degree range. Now for the bad news it takes about 10-15 tanks of fuel to breakin the motor!! Loosen the glow plug about 1/8 of a turn before you attemp to start up the motor, once the motor fires up tighten the glow plug back up. I would use 20% fuel to breakin the motor. If you have any problems with the zilla contact Hot Bodies ask for Mr. O'bannon.