RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help with Saito 120 !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 04:43 PM
ez2bgman
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Saito 120 !!!

Hello People,

I was in the process of breaking in a brand new Saito 120, on my third tank of fuel, when I noticed oil/fuel coming out of the bottom of the cam gear housing. I broke the engine down to check out the gasket under the cam gear housing. The gasket appeared ok and I reassembled the engine. Now the engine will not start. I readjusted the valves and still nothing. I noticed that after I primed the carburetor and attempted to start the engine that the fuel would blow back into the tank. I changed fuel line and still nothing. As a last resort I removed the high speed needle, opened the carb up all the way, and then turned it over with the starter to see if there was any trash in the carb. Nothing. I did notice that when I did this, it felt like air was coming out of the carb. I'm no engine expert, but I do know that a carb is basically a vacuum and air should not be coming out.

Could it be that the cam is out of timing? And if this is the case, how can I get it back in timing. The valves appear to be operating in the right order. The exhaust valve opes just after compression and than the intake valve opens. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.