RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help with Saito 120 !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 06:53 PM
mig3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help with Saito 120 !!!

Gary,

Jim is right.......you have the cam in wrong or the 2 valves reversed!! On the Saito's, it's common for the new engines to leak when they get hot and they run REAL HOT! When this leak occurs, just snug up the hex bolts while she is hot...maybe 1/16 to 1/8 of a turn and NO MORE as you may strip her!

I wished you would have never opened her up!........anayway......

Anyway, reverse the push rods on the cam, IF THE CAM IS IN RIGHT; THEY SHOULD NOT "CRISS-CROSS"!

If you have the dirrections the breakdown is there; if you DON'T want to mess with it, then send it over to Horizonhobbys.com and they will put her back in shape with new gaskets and such. I dont recomend you use the same gaskets as there is a tremendous ammount of pressure and heat in these GREAT engines!! They are simply the best 4-strokes money can buy!!

Since there are only 2 rods and 2 cam lobes, you can't miss!!GOOD LUCK, let us know!!

Since she is NIB, you may want to send her to Horizon to have "piece of mind", on the other hand; it was issues like these that made us differ from the "not an engine guy" to AN "engine guy".......this is how I learned! And there were times when I had a KNOT in my stomach messing with a friends MERCEDEZ or WORSE a vintage 1930's car where parts were NOT obtainable, but I hung in there and now I can take these things apart with my eyes closed! If you took her apart, YOU CAN put her together again! LOOK AT THE "SCORES" on the parts! Meaning.........what rubbed on what? Example.........You can see which way a rod went into an RC engine because the shinny side rubs against the crank right? The other side is rubbing against NOTHING and does not shine! This is how I have been given a totally disassembled engine and used good common sence to put "humpty dumpty" back together again!

The Slip!!