RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is it like a bicycle?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Harken
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it like a bicycle?

I would like an opinion from any who care to. Once upon a time say about 1976 I flew an Aquila and thermaled pretty good. Slope soaring was awesome! I then flew a Sagitta I think it was for awile over a slope only. I got pretty good to the point of hand launching on a slope and catching my airplane. The next endeavor was a 5 meter SB-10 which I didnt launch (had help) flew a few times and landed. This was about 1974 some 20 yrs have passed and now Im barely hovering a Vario Benzin Trainer. FOr those unfamiliar ita a 80" rotor span helicopter with a Zenoa G260 two stroke motor. Im now craving an old passion to fly sailplanes again. In my hangar I have a Multiplex Alpina Masters edition with flaps. I think this ship might be a bit too much for the time being so she will rest in her box till I'm ready. Untill then I'm considering a Icare DG-600 2.6 / 3.2 meter. Its of a managable size and an easy 3 channels (ail/rud/ele). If only it had spoiler but the price seems right. WHat do you guys think of my plan?
Thanks everyone in advance.........