RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 02:14 AM
trroscoe
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Stick LITE Done Right ..!

Chris

Where do you plan on mounting your servo's. I am building the same plane and engine combo and haven't decided where to mount the elevator and rudder servo's yet. Very nice job on the firewall. I will be trying to match yours. If I mount the servo's in the tail will I still have to cut 3.5 inches off of the front or can I cut less off? I would only like to cut 2 inches off if it is possible to still get it to balance right. I like the idea of moving the servo's to the tail and I have done it before on other planes. I just like the shorter linkages when the servo's are back there. I am using a 6V 2700 mah nimh battery for the radio and a 4.8 volt 1800 mah nimh on the ignition. I can move the batteries around to help balance the plane. I am using a 16 oz fuel tank as I like to make sure I have some reserve fuel and like to fly around 20 minute flights. I am using the full length ailerons instead of the flaps. I have them on my 60 size ultra stick and never use them. E-mail me at [email protected] if you have anymore info on how to build the firewall. Your's looks great and I really like it. How far have you gotten on the build so far and when are you going to fly it. I have two planes on the bench right now and am working on both of them at the same time. One is the ultra stick lite and the other is a wildhare extra 300 with a DA-50 on it. I can't wait to fly either of these planes.

Rick