RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal B17 kt
Thread: Royal B17 kt
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Rickles56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal B17 kt

I have just about finished a Marutaka B17E kit. From what I heard, Marutaka baught out Royal so maybe we are talking about the same plane. This kit is a 77" wingspan, 10-12lbs 15-25 two strokes. I had to make some changes as the kit came without flaps and fixed gear, I installed Dave Brown Mechanical retracts on the main gear and also made split flaps each with their own servo. I also changed the ailerons from bellcrank control to a servo on each. I also installed a mini servo in each nacelle for throttles, used seperate fuel tanks on each engine. I am using OS 30 4-strokes btw. I covered it with Monokote and so far it looks pretty good. Have not made the maiden flight yet, in a week or two we hope. I am sorry I have spent so much money on this kit, the plastic parts were all too large, I had to make lots of mods to get things to fit and it hs been a hassel. I have started building a Don Smith 140" B17G that will have Zenoah 26 engines in it. I will try to include a photo. Also, I have heard that Marutaka has gone under and don't know if anyone has ppicked up the kit.[img]B17_017sm.jpg[/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59019.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	207864