RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal B17 kt
Thread: Royal B17 kt
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 10:56 PM
brewskies
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal B17 kt

I understand that you have used monokote for the covering of the wings. Was this a mod that you did to cut down on the wing loading? The royal kit is sheeted. I was thinking that I would use monokote as well to shave off some weight after the post above concerning wing loading. I have never worked with foam, but may give that a try as well. I had in mind using separate servos for the ailerons as well. I do not like the idea of a single servo controlling these surfaces. Please keep me up to date on your progress. I can hardly wait to hear about your maiden flight. Using the 4 strokes is also something that I am considering. What about the weight difference between the 2 and 4 strokes? Is there a large difference there as well? At any rate, it sounds like we are both thinking alike. Although I have not started on this project yet, I am trying to get all the advice I can and really like what I have read in the posts to date. I have a few projects to clear up, and then I will start on my dream plane. I only hope that I can build my favorite plane and have it turn out as nice as the picture that you posted.
Regards,
Brewskies