RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal B17 kt
Thread: Royal B17 kt
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 06:54 AM
Rickles56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal B17 kt

Wow, thanks for all the feedback on the Marutaka B17, my dealer tells me that Marutaka has closed their doors for good also so they purchased as much from them as they could on their last order including cowls and other kit parts as well as some more kits. (Hobby Barn in Tucson, AZ, I will give you their number if anyone needs it).

As far as the weight of the 4-strokes... I didn't care how much weight it added as I have used the OS 26 4- strokes in a bunch of planes and they were always super reliable and I had to have the 4-stroke sound on a B17! My plane weighed out at 12.5 lbs without the batteries, RX, wiring or the Futaba 4ch servo sequencer( MSA-10) but these can't add much more. The engines and the 10 servos do make the wing "seem" very heavy however.

The wings are balsa sheeted, I covered the entire model with Monokote when I became so discusted with the kit. I just didn't want to waste my time glassing it. I am sure the glas would help the structure strength a bunch and I am sure it needs it. I am hoping the plane doesn't blow apart on the first flight or landing!

I hope to get it out the field next weekend (Jan 8th, 05) so I will post the results for everyone and any photos of any mishaps. I have better photos to include with this post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11820.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	208644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51431.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	208645