RCU Forums - View Single Post - What does you Funtana 90 weigh?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 10:41 AM
TOYMAKER
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What does you Funtana 90 weigh?

ICE MAN,

Funny you should mention the ST2300... I am just finishing my X-mas present and have the ST 2300 installed in it and it looks like its going to balance just fine. Comping in at about 9.5lbs I could hover an 11lb pattern plane with this engine and a 17x10n APC prop so it should make a hole shot with some good acceleration ON THIS PLANE

This is all left over stuff from a previous pattern plane.

ST2300 w/Perry pump/carb w/slimline Pitts style muffler
Start with a 17x6 Zinger wood and may try an 18x6 Zinger wood if it will pull it.
Futaba 9202 ailerons
Futaba 9101 elevators
FMA 6553? 130 in. on on the rudder
1650 6v mil NiMh battery w/Miricale switch regulator

I had to pin and glass the firewall as it was poorly set even for a smaller engine. I used a Dave Brown 1.20 mount and bolted it on with 4-40 bolts and blind nuts. Modified the aileron box by adding an extra rib like the updated models and put a 1/2" hard point dowel in the aileron like I do on my pattern planes.
Modified the rudder adding some crossbracing at the bottom half and sheeted both sides with a 2.5"x2.5" 1/64 ply to beef up the horn area as this is a very weak area. In addition to using the c.fiber stab stuts I install a diamond brace at the trailing edge of the stab and it stiffened it significantly with very little weight cost. Put a 20 oz. Dubro fuel tank behind the wing tube.

This thing should be a HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to post a few photo's in the next few days.

I figured if these guys are running 1.40 to 1.80 YS and Saito 4C's on these things that the ST would be a perfect match. We shall see it a few days

Wayne Galligan

ORIGINAL: ICE_MAN

Tavis,
You're joking right?[] Tell me you've flown several "Reall" R/c planes... If not SHip that funtana to me and get a TRAINER! Also if you absoluely will not fly anything but this funtana you;d best take all that "Crap" off there and get here as light as you can so she goes down in 'style' rather than in a tip-stall

ANy who how come no one has mentioned the Super Tigre G 2300? It's 1.4 Ci and alot of people run them in Ultra Stick Lites around here and they pull them around smartly and rocket out of a hover.. I Think the guys I Talked to said theirs came In a 10.5 lbs dry...

I Just Got Mine setup and it weighs 9 lbs. dry! Just figured I'd toss another option at you!