RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why the AMA is not growing...........
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 03:17 PM
wolfie_47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why the AMA is not growing...........

[quote]ORIGINAL: YNOT

Dad's point is two fold. 1- Membership vs License. Most of the signs use the word licence and I have always known it as a license, but its not a license. License implys some form of testing.

You need to re-think your definition, as the owner of a hobby shop I would have thought you would have had to enter some licence agreements to display company logos and advertising in your store, in fact the computer you wrote this message on required "licensing" before you were able to use it... no testing required for either, you simply agree to certian terms.

2- Be nice to new people. I know there is NO WAY the AMA can do anything about this.

Perhaps its not always the club members that iniate this problem, I've seem many newbie's appear at our field with the attitude that they had some kind of entitlement to our facilities just because they owned a model airplane...Wrong!

Another point that needs to be remembered is that although they may not want to pay $58 to fly a $149 model they have the same potential to cause damage and more important, negitave public opinion as those flying multi thousand dollar planes. While I agree with the trial membership concept I don't agree with the implied idea that we should allow these folks a free ride.