RCU Forums - View Single Post - Handlaunch a Thermic 36?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 12:42 AM
FlyNow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Handlaunch a Thermic 36?

Wow,

I sure appreciate all the generous offers of plans. But, I think I may have located a kit thanks to Silvaire.

And Silvaire, I too remember the Thermic 36 being built up and not solid balsa. What a nice flier.

Does anyone have experience building and flying the Thermic 50 or Thermic 100. I would live to give these a try some time. And I would love to hear of any experience any one has with any of the Thermic models.

I used fly mine, I found that by shimming the back or front of the wing with a tooth pick or match stick, I could change the glide path significantly. If it was very windy, I would leave the wing flat on the fuselage and the model would penetrate the wind nicely. If it was very still, I could lift the LE with a toothpick and get the model to float like a feather. I could get several hundred feet with a brisk hand launch. Watching the Thermic 36 floating along the still air was pure magic, but it sounds like most of you guys already know that.

Thanks again to everyone for all the great information. It is very inspiring to find this level of enthusiasm out there for these beautiful planes. I love every minute of it.

Frosty